Your safety matters
Tommy’s Real Estate meets the Government’s criteria to safely operate in limited capacity once we move to Alert Level-3, currently planned for 1st September 2021. As this is an ever changing situation, please refer to covid19.govt.nz for up to date information.
The following precautions will be enacted for every private viewing appointment. Please read these carefully. We are committed to keeping our team, clients and community safe. The following procedures, along with all REINZ and MOH guidelines are how we plan on doing that.
Guidelines as advised – Confirmation must be obtained prior to entering from all parties.
• A maximum of two private viewings will be allowed per day per property.
• Only one agent will be able to attend the private viewing.
• The owner/tenants must not be present while viewing is underway (and tenants must give permission for viewings where a property is tenanted).
• Attendees must wait in their car until agent advises they can enter.
• Photographers/videographers can enter a property but only to undertake work that can’t be done remotely.
Protocol on the day of viewing:
• The agent will arrive prior to the buyers to open up the property (incl. wardrobes & important cupboards).
• The agent will open the house up having used hand sanitizer and wearing gloves and a mask.
• The agent will then meet the buyers outside the property- all shoes off at the door.
• The agent will explain the viewing process and remind them not to touch anything.
• The agent will ensure gloves, hand sanitizer and antiseptic wipes are available and that these products are used before unlocking and walking through the front door.
• The buyer and the agent will be able to walk through the property ensuring that enough acceptable social distance is maintained at all times.
• House relocked- both buyer and the agent to use hand sanitiser provided when leaving the property.
Confirmations required prior to confirming viewings:
• Confirmation will be sought that no one residing in the property is currently in isolation due to Covid-19.
• Confirmation will be sought that no one entering the property is currently in isolation due to Covid-19.
• Confirmation will be sought that no one currently residing in the property has been in contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid-19.
• Confirmation will be sought that no one currently entering the property has been in contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid-19.
• No other persons are to be present inside the property or showroom while the inspection is taking place.
• Any inspector/valuer is to wait at a minimum of two metres from the access person while entry is provided.
• Open Homes- no open homes- all viewings are by appointment only.
The Tommy’s team
For more information on the pandemic, please visit covid19.govt.nz