Tommy’s Real Estate (“Tommy’s”) operates the www.tommys.co.nz website, which provides the service. This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information if anyone decided to use our service.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. It includes information that could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
If you choose to use our Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this policy. The Personal Information that we collect are used for providing and improving the Service.
Collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in various ways including:
- through your access and use of our website
- by telephone, letter, fax or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- via social platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- by contracting with us or completing relevant forms
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us.
In some circumstances information may also be collected from third parties where:
- you authorise the collection of information from a third party which may be your representatives such as lawyer, accountant, financial adviser or employer: and
- the information is already publicly available: and
- collection is necessary to enforce the law, or for court proceedings, or to protect public revenue
You can use the site — including completing user research tasks — without disclosing any personal information.
What purposes do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:.
- provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Tommy’s Real Estate, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
Your disclosure of personal information
Tommy’s may use and share your personal information with a range of organisations including:
- authorities such as regulators
- government agencies
- courts or the police
- external dispute resolution schemes
- suppliers and services that may be required to administer our relationship with you such as IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, debt collectors
- professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, financial advisers, bankers and other consultants as it relates to the services provided to you
- comply with laws and regulations, including any New Zealand or overseas laws, rules or regulations
- people of organisations that you expressly give permission to share your personal information with
Don’t send us sensitive personal information or include any sensitive personal information in any submission forms.
Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the site. If you provide feedback by email, that feedback is sent to the Companies administration team.
Links to Other Sites
Statistical information and cookies
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and doesn’t identify you personally. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Windows XP, Mac OS X
- the type of web browser you use, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above can be viewed by site administrators and certain other analysis personal contracted to the Companies.
This site generates persistent session cookies (that is, they have an expiry date and are removed on that date) for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies don’t collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
Correcting your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and ask us to correct any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of this site.
Contact us if:
- you would like to see or change your personal information we have stored, or
- you have any concerns regarding your privacy
- we may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
The Privacy Officer
If you have a privacy complaint
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner.
Contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner are: