Setting aside time each year to deep clean your home is important to keep your home healthy, organised and happy. Through spring cleaning, you can remove dust, mold and mildew before it becomes an issue. This is key!
I always like to start with tasks that apply to all rooms of the home, then hit each room one-by-one for more specific cleaning, this way you won’t get distracted or overwhelmed!
Here are a few key areas that are often overlooked, but really do make a world of difference. It is amazing how much dust and grime you can overlook when life gets on top of things. A deep clean can do wonders both for your mental health and for the overall presentation of your property if you have selling in mind.
Here are my tips for a thorough spring clean!
- Dust Ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Clean windowsills and window tracks
- Vacuum curtains and window blinds
- Wipe down baseboards and shoe moulding and dust corners for cobwebs
- Test batteries in all your smoke detectors
- Disinfect doorknobs, cabinet handles and light switches
- Clean windows inside and out
- Clean all large appliances, small appliances and surfaces in your kitchen
- Wipe down your microwave, coffee maker and jug, empty crumb tray in your toaster
- Empty and clean refrigerator and defrost the freezer, (the shelves may fit in your dishwasher!)
- Sanitise your sink and clean the inner rim of your sink guard
- Organise your pantry!
- Clean your oven and scrub the stovetop
- Organise your drawers and closets (donate any clothes that you don’t wear!)
- Wash bedding and pillows
- Rotate your mattresses
- Disinfect kids’ toys (throw plastic toys in the dishwasher!)
- Organise cabinets and drawers
- Properly dispose of old medicine and toiletries
- Scrub the shower and bathtub
- Wash the shower curtain
- Scrub the toilet and tile around the toilet
I always advise my clients to declutter their homes, so I am able to clean more efficiently. This is always worth doing as it will allow you to clean at a far greater speed. It also helps you stay focused! In an ideal world, the best advice is to keep on top of cleaning with regular weekly or bi-weekly cleans, leaving a deep clean for a few times a year.
Some people prefer to leave cleaning up to the professionals; this is where I can help! I use all my own equipment so you don’t have to worry if all you have is a sad looking mop. As Tommy’s Real Estates trusted cleaning partner, I am highly experienced in cleaning new-build properties, rentals changing hands and properties that are ready to go to market. I also have capacity for permanent weekly or fortnightly cleans.
If you are interested, I would love to provide you with an obligation free quote.