House - Moonshine Upper Hutt
This truly stunning family home & lifestyle block is situated in Moonshine Valley offering access to all the amenities of both The Hutt Valley & Pahautanui including shops, schools, parks & transport.The 4.34ha property comprises a magnificent 293sqm family home, separate cottage/cabin that has power, water & heating along with its own “longdrop” as well as a brand new 2 bay barn, separate triple garage with mechanics pit, chicken sheds & cattle yard.
The house originally constructed in the 1980’s underwent a complete transformation in 2002 by Eco Architect Don Jamieson. Eco features include a Trombe wall, wool batts, underfloor Expol, & a low emissions Italian boiler with radiators, integrated with a Solarhart hot water system. The accommodation here comprises 4 double bedrooms, study, 2 ensuite bathrooms, super family bathroom, separate laundry/boiler room, crows nest to the first floor offering expansive views and an amazing open plan living kitchen dining area that has to be seen to be believed! There is an amazing indoor-outdoor flow with access to the outside from all bedrooms & living areas.
The 4.34ha land has been set up to be about as easy maintenance as you can make a lifestyle block, the gardens, patio & decks around the house are to be enjoyed in a social setting & would be ideal for a family of any age. Walks have been created, veggie gardens planted & there are also paddocks that could be horse friendly with a little work. Further the school bus to Pahautanui literally stops outside the front gate.
• Grand family home & outbuildings
• Cottage/cabin, 2 bay barn, triple garaging workshop, chicken sheds, cattle run
• 4.34ha of land set up to be as easy maintenance as possible for a rural property
• Potential for horse paddocks which they used to be used for
• Beautiful gardens, excellent outside entertaining in total privacy & great sun
• Eco friendly home, double glazed, solar heating, wool batts, trombe wall, expol. Why be cold??