Sold - Karori Wellington
Rarely do we see a property of this standard; it is a magnificent residence offering the ultimate in family living.
This impressive 1926 Gray Young home, sited on approximately half an acre (2288 sqm) of land, has it all: a tennis court, sprawling landscaped gardens, parking, garaging and separate studio, all accessed via a sweeping private driveway.
A strong presence and generous proportions spread over two levels, this home still retains the original character and charm, but has received a meticulous renovation and expansion by NZIA Gold Award winning, Architecture+.
Perfect for today’s demanding lifestyles, this property caters to all aspects of modern day family life, as well as sophisticated entertaining. Features include:
• All day sun north/west aspect with panoramic views
• Four or five double bedrooms, each generous and superb spaces, including the main suite with walk through robe and double ensuite
• A designer kitchen, ticking all the boxes, with a separate scullery at one end and a versatile utility room/laundry at the other
• Open plan living/dining space flows easily through to a large formal lounge with open fire
• A superb private outdoor living/entertaining area, with connected sound system, features an outside fire, allowing this area to be used year round, leads off the kitchen and dining – a special element of this home
• Two large versatile rooms ideal as workspaces and/or a media/TV room with one leading off to a sunny sitting room or arts and crafts room
• Fully tiled substantial modern family bathroom plus separate guest powder room
• A sunny conservatory off the main living areas
• An abundance of space and storage throughout
• Full-sized asphalt tennis court in excellent condition
A guest room, studio or retreat, ideal for visitors, students, nanny or used as a home office or gym, separated from the main house positioned above the garage with its own bathroom and access, provides many options for family life.