House Sold - Highbury Wellington
Spacious family home with ever-changing harbour and city views in a quiet cul-de-sac with native bush setting and guaranteed, year-long birdsong.
Imagine a home with ceiling and underfloor insulation, gas central heating, the majority of windows double-glazed, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2 living rooms, a carport and further off-street parking, plus 2 flat areas of lawn for children or pets and a raised-bed vegetable garden. In the College zone and walking distance to the university or town, a short bush walk away to Zealandia and the Highbury Fling walking or mountain-biking tracks to the wind turbine and beyond.
Other features include solid-rimu doors and architraves throughout, a mix of carpeted bedrooms – all queen/king-sized with built-in wardrobes upstairs and living areas with polished wooden floors and Carrara ceilings, a separate laundry room, a downstairs area with its own entrance suitable for teenagers or a live-in nanny/au pair, or as a home gym, rumpus room or large studio, plus a 7-day bus service on Route 25.
This is a house that will hold its value as the views can’t be built out, the hard work has been done and the location is so convenient.
• 4 bedrooms
• 3 bathrooms
• 2 living rooms
• Single carport + further off-street parking
• Majority of upstairs rooms double-glazed with macrocarpa reveals
• Large rumpus/gym or separate studio downstairs for a teenager, live-in nanny or potential income generator
• Underfloor gas central heating and infinity hot-water system
• Ceiling and underfloor insulation
• New roof and recent exterior paint
• Lemon tree, herbs and boysenberry/strawberry patch down the side of the house
• Raised vegetable patch in the back garden
• School zone (Kelburn Primary and both Wellington Colleges, plus Wellington High)