I actively list and sell homes .
Please feel free to call or email me if you are looking to buy or sell in my area.
I would love to help you.
Licensed salesperson in compliance with the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 as administered by the REAA (Real Estate Agents Authority)
“Selling or buying a house can be stressful – you need someone who will take care of the details and really look after you, all done with a fully professional approach and a sense of humour helps. I’m enthusiastic about selling and I always do an excellent job for the vendor without losing sight of the buyer’s perspective. Add to that the fact that I love a challenge.
People enjoy my friendly approach that immediately puts them at ease. Meet me and see the difference for yourself – I’m authentic in everything I say and do. And while I’m friendly, I’m certainly no pushover. I really listen to you and work very hard to get you the best results possible. My straight-talking style with open and clear communication will give you confidence that I’m someone you can trust and my actions back that up.
When buying or selling a home, people can get caught up in the moment or distracted by a detail. I will always see the bigger picture for you. I will listen and work hard to understand your unique situation. Call me for proactive sales with old fashioned service that gets you great results.”
- I love what I do for a living, each and every day
- A genuine people-person, I enjoy meeting new people and learning about their lives and circumstances
- I am positive and friendly, and always equipped with a smile
- Fantastic results during my 27 years of sales experience (14 years in Real Estate)
- Top communication skills, a true understanding of the art of listening, this is VITAL in Real Estate
- A true lust for life – I enjoy every day above ground
Glenn’s Career and Achievements
I have worked selling in a range of industries for companies such as Cadburys, Telecom Yellow Pages and Trade & Exchange. These companies all set very high standards and gave me a great grounding in professional sales. I have always worked hard to deliver that little bit extra for my clients. I value a strong brand and that’s why I’m very proud to be part of the Tommy’s team.
I have always prided myself on my ability to fully try to understand what people are looking for, based on my listening skills. I have always enjoyed the satisfaction of matching someone with a product that is just right for them – and in Real Estate, it’s a significant investment in a home or asset, so the emotions involved are even more important. I want people to go away feeling good about the whole process and I feel confident in my reputation as referrals provide 80% + of my business. It is a nice feeling when people are happy to refer you to their friends, family & workmates.
Glenn’s Interests and Passions
- Family & Friends – I really enjoy spending my free time with my wife Joanna and my kids Harry & Natasha. Getting a home that suits your lifestyle is important and is something I understand. Having a family changed my outlook on life and has given me greater empathy with parents and all that comes with having a family.
- Renovating Houses –. In trying to find the "right place" for our family we ended up doing ANOTHER renovation, despite swearing we would never do so again. Yes it drove us mad with slow progress, unforeseen problems and budget blow outs as seems to be the case when doing a renovation. Funnily enough the best part of this particular process was selling our first home and gaining a much greater empathy for what people actually have to deal with when “on the market”. It was a steep and scary learning curve but has helped me become a much better agent as a result.
- Selling – I really enjoy dealing with people and that’s the key focus when working in sales. I love finding a house that meets all of someone’s needs. Seeing the joy on people’s faces when I’ve helped sort something out that is really important to them is a real buzz for me. And I pride myself on my word-of-mouth reputation and referral makes up 80% + of my business.
- Music – I love my music collection as that’s the way I relax – listening to my latest CD or maybe an older classic and of course the new iPhone/iPod means I can download many many songs I would never have bought the entire album of, yet I am happy to take a song or two from. My collection is eclectic but I have a particular interest in NZ music.
Glenn’s Personal Life
I really appreciate all the support my wife Jo always gives me, my son Harry and my daughter Natasha have taught me a new kind of love. It would be impossible for me to have my career in Real Estate without the backing of Jo as it takes up a lot of time and dedication, often at times I have to work when Jo would rather I was at home helping with the kids, or we have things planned that have to be done without me, but as always, she understands.
My free time is spent with Jo, Harry & Natasha as much as possible and catching up with friends & family. It is important to me that I have things to talk and think about apart from Real Estate and my friends are great at doing that. Wellington is a fantastic place to live and work and I love living here, I put that passion into my work.
We are extremely happy to provide a reference for Glenn Stewart who worked as our Real Estate agent selling our home in Heke St, Ngaio. We sought advice and presentations from three different Real Estate Companies but Tommy’s stood out right from the beginning for their professionalism, warm positive manner and honesty. The presentation was excellent and had clearly had a lot of thought and time put into it. Glenn explained the selling process and outlined the specific strengths of our home and the best way to market it. Glenn was positive about our home and we completely trusted his judgment. He always listened attentively and took time to explain and answer any of our questions.Glenn has a warm, genuine manner and his communication skills are excellent. He was always enthusiastic, friendly and positive and we found this an excellent balance with his professionalism. We felt confident he would ‘go the extra mile’. He even lent us his own house brush and delivered it to the door! Throughout the whole process he kept in regular contact with us and we were always kept informed of progress. We have a young baby and Glenn was at all times considerate and understanding of this. Disruptions to sleep/routines were kept as minimal as possible and what could have been a stressful time was instead positive and exciting! Our house sold in only four days and had multiple offers. The price exceeded our expectations and we couldn’t have been happier with the result. The whole process went extremely smoothly and we have no doubt that this was due to Glenn’s dedication, skills and hard work. We could not recommend Glenn more highly to others. His enthusiasm, positive outlook and warm friendly manner meant that selling our house was a pleasure.
We are extremely happy to provide a reference for Glenn Stewart who worked as our Real Estate agent selling our ...
Kathryn and Rob, Heke Street, Ngaio
John and I are writing to say thank you very much for helping us to buy our first home. Being completely new to the experience it could have been extremely stressful, but not only did you make it easy for us to understand the complexities, your ability to listen and sensible advice also made the whole experience very straightforward. We would not hesitate to recommend you to any of our friends and family who may be in the market - either buying or selling.
John and I are writing to say thank you very much for helping us to buy our first home. Being completely new to ...
Emily and John, Kilbirnie
Right from the start I really felt Glenn was working with me – a bit of a change for a buyer. He really wanted to get me into the house I’d spotted and worked hard to get me in there. We encountered a new situation for both of us (two parties had put in identical offers), and he gave me great advice without pressuring me to spend more than I wanted – he respected my boundaries… I got the house and I love it! Glenn has regularly touched base with me and was always there to help me out when I needed it… the pressie was fantastic too!!
Right from the start I really felt Glenn was working with me – a bit of a change for a buyer. He really ...
Glenn Stewart acted for me in the purchase of an inner city apartment in Wellington in mid-2006. I found him cordial, diligent, quick to respond to questions and requests for further information, and always willing to be available for "just one more visit" to view a property. I would use his services again and have no hesitation in recommending him to others.
Glenn Stewart acted for me in the purchase of an inner city apartment in Wellington in mid-2006. I found him ...
Peter, Te Aro
I enjoyed doing business with you as you were enthusiastic and aware of my needs. We got the deal settled in no time thanks to your availability and engagement. Keep up that good work!
I enjoyed doing business with you as you were enthusiastic and aware of my needs. We got the deal settled in no ...
Eduard, Wellington City
Emma & I would like to formally thank you for selling our house. Not only did you obtain an amazing price for us “substantially” outside our expectations - it was sold within 5 days of listing. Absolutely incredible! Listing with Tommy’s has been a great seamless experience from the time I initially contacted you to assess our property. To be honest, you won the listing from “other” agents because of your professional attitude, efficient appraisal & your personable approach. Your communication throughout the process was absolutely world class & both Emma & I always felt we knew what was happening from day one. Glenn once again, thanks very much for selling our house. We really appreciated your efforts & we won’t hesitate recommending both yourself & your company to our friends & family
Emma & I would like to formally thank you for selling our house. Not only did you obtain an amazing price for ...
Darren & Emma, Wilton